2020 Virtual Events
Please read our announcement below!
2020 Virtual Announcement
We hope to see everyone soon!
Dear TANG Family,
We hope everyone is safe and healthy. As we announced in March, we canceled our conference with everyone’s safety concerns in mind. As July 4th approaches, our leadership have had additional discussions about the the importance of bringing the community together. We have been inspired by everyone being able to engage online and have decided to take the opportunity to pilot a smaller scale engagement to build on the TANG connections that have already formed.
We are announcing the two following virtual events this year to bring us together!
Taiwanese American Helping Hands Virtual Walk and Run
- Hosted by TANG, this is a a free all ages virtual event happening between July 3rd – July 6th!
- Our goal is to bring together our Taiwanese American community even though we are physically apart. Feel free to invite any Taiwanese American or friends to participate!
- You can either walk or run the 5K or 1 mile and self-time yourself.
- Registration Deadline is July 2, 2020.
- Inspired by Taiwan’s humanitarian efforts during the COVID-19 crisis, we believe we too can lend “Helping Hands” to the communities here at home.
- We are asking participants for donations and have selected Taiwanese Association of America-USA’s “Love Covers US All” fundraiser to be the recipient of this year’s donations. TAA-USA’s goal is to raise $100,000 to provide necessary PPE to our front-line workers.
- For more information and to register, please click here.
TANG Mini Virtual Hangouts
- Graciously led by our staff, each TANG program will have ONE hangout around July 4th weekend.
- There is no fee to participate.
- Technology requirements include a working laptop (phone or Ipad) with audio, video, and wifi is required.
- Registration here. Deadline is Friday, June 26, 2020.
Current schedule of events:
- Tiny Tots (4-6): July 5th, 2:30 PM – 3:10 PM EST
- Juniors (1st -5th Grade): June 28th, 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM EST
- Junior High (6th-8th Grade): July 4th, 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM EST
- High School (9th-12th Grade): July 3rd, 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM EST
- HS Seniors Project TANGraduation: Separate email has been sent out. No registration needed.
- Young Adult (College + Young Professionals and Staff): Happy Hour July 4th, 5:00PM – 6:00 PM EST
- TANG Parents: BYOB Cocktail Hour, July 3rd, 8:00 PM – 9:30 PM EST
Become a staff member!
Our volunteers are the reason why TANG thrives every year. We welcome new and old participants to give get invovled. Our team consists of college students and young professionals with all different talents.
Find out how here!
What is TANG?
Empowering the future.
Taiwanese American Next Generation (TANG) is an all volunteer 501(c)(3) non-profit organization focused on creating a nurturing Taiwanese American community. Through this community, we mentor every age group and encourage them to become involved members of society through exploring our four themes: Identity, Community, Growth, and Family.
Watch the highlights of 2019.
This endpoint has been retired