The TANG Young Adult program is intended for college and young professionals who haven’t started a family. We are primarily English speakers and workshops are conducted in English. But many of us speak Taiwanese and Mandarin. We accept 1.5 generation TA. We also accept non-Taiwanese participants who share a love for Taiwan and are open to learning more about Taiwan and being an active participant in the Taiwanese American community.
Why should I come?
- Fun - Relax, let loose, and enjoy the moment. At TANG, we believe it’s okay to be awkward and goofy. In fact, we encourage it.
- Community - Our goal is to form lifelong bonds between our participants. Thus quote sums it up nicely:
“A connection is the energy that exists between two people when they feel seen, heard, and valued when they can give and receive without judgment; and when they derive sustenance and strength from the relationship”
- Self-Discovery - TANG offers a lot of opportunities for participants to learn more about themselves. Whether it’s through intimate small group conversations, mentoring, or thought-provoking workshops, we strive to challenge and encourage you to be your best self.
Who will be there?
- People of diverse backgrounds who share a common interest of Taiwan
- People of all types of career backgrounds (i.e. arts, finance, healthcare, etc.)
- Close to 75% of our participants this year are expected to be returning participants!
- Be part of a wider Taiwanese American community that includes people of all ages from preschool through first generation participants.
When is TANG Conference?
Sunday, July 1st through Wednesday, July 4th
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED!
What do we have planned this year?
Guest Speaker: Michelle Kuo
Author of Reading with Patrick (if you haven’t read it, you should!)
For more details: Go to https://www.michellekuo.net/reading-with-patrick/