TANG Young Adult
College and Young Professionals
What is the TANG Young Adult Program?
The TANG Young Adult program is intended for college and young professionals who haven’t started a family. We are primarily English speakers and all our workshops are conducted in English. We welcome 1.5 generation TA and non-Taiwanese participants who share a love for Taiwan, are open to learning more about Taiwan, and being an active participant in the Taiwanese American community. Our program has grown over the years and has become an essential support for young professionals navigating through #adultingstruggles!
Why should I come?
- Fun – Relax, let loose, and enjoy the moment. At TANG, we believe it’s okay to be awkward and goofy. In fact, we encourage it.
- Community – Our goal is to form lifelong bonds between our participants. Thus quote sums it up nicely:
“A connection is the energy that exists between two people when they feel seen, heard, and valued when they can give and receive without judgment; and when they derive sustenance and strength from the relationship”
- Self-Discovery – TANG offers a lot of opportunities for participants to learn more about themselves. Whether it’s through intimate small group conversations, mentoring, or thought-provoking workshops, we strive to challenge and encourage you to be your best self.
Who will be there?
- People of diverse backgrounds who share a common interest of Taiwan
- People of all types of career backgrounds (i.e. arts, finance, healthcare, etc.)
- Close to 75% of our participants this year are expected to be returning participants!
- Be part of a wider Taiwanese American community that includes people of all ages from preschool through first generation participants.
Highlights of Our Program
Past Workshops and Activities
Our workshops are all self led by the talented participants in our community! The variety of topics we have had in the past are below:
- Current Housing Market & Buying Process Explained
- On the Money: Budgeting & Investing Basics
- Sexual & Gender Diversity: Promoting Inclusivity
- Car Maintenance 101
- Taiwan’s Pensive: The Links of Time
- Do what you love or $$$?
- Taiwanese Cooking
TANG Wide Intergenerational Programming
We love participating in events with all 350+ participants of TANG. The energy is infectious and the intergenerational aspect has become a significant value to TANG. Below are some of the highlights of the weekend!
- TANG Opening Ceremony
- Welcome Reception
- TANG Olympics and Water Balloons
- Performing and Enjoying Taiwan Night
- Night Market
- TANG Closing Slideshow